The use of honey to attain a radiant and glowing skin is something that has been there for a long time.
Many people don’t know the many benefits that honey has on the skin. There are a lot of things that honey will do for your skin ranging from unclogging pores, lightening darkened skin, contains antioxidants that protect the skin from damage and much more.
Here I am going to tell you the various ways you can make honey a part of your daily beauty routine for glowing skin.
1. Lemon and Honey
Lemon contains citric acid that naturally lightens dull skin and exfoliates it removing all dead skin cells. It also contains vitamin C that is vital for the good health of the skin.
A mixture of lemon juice and honey is a good combination to have beautiful and glowing skin.
- Extract juice from 1/2 lemon and mix it with 1 tablespoon of raw honey to form a smooth paste
- Use a mild cleanser to wash your face and pat it dry with a clean towel
- Apply the lemon and honey paste on your face and ensure it does not get onto the areas around the eyes
- Allow the paste about 20 minutes to get absorbed onto the skin
- After the 20 minutes, use warm water to wash it off from your face
- Dry your face with a towel
- This remedy can be done once a week and you will see some great results
2. Banana and Honey
If you want to get the radiant skin that you have been dreaming of then give this combination a chance. It is a face mask that will also help to lighten up your dull skin and fade any dark spots and blemishes.
Banana is packed with vitamins and minerals that nourish your skin and making it healthy and beautiful. Banana is also used to moisturize the skin.
- You will need a ripe banana, raw honey and some lemon juice
- Take the ripe banana and mash it well until there are no more lumps left
- To the mashed banana, add one teaspoon of raw honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients well
- Wash your face using a cleanser of your choice and dry it
- Proceed to apply the mixture on the entire face leaving out the sensitive area surrounding the eyes
- Allow the mixture to settle for about 10-15 minutes
- After that, wash it off with lukewarm water and pat your face dry with a towel
- Repeat it once a week to see quick results
3. Curd and Honey
Curd contains fats, proteins, mineral and vitamins all of which will nourish your skin and give it that natural glow.
Similarly, the lactic acid in curd mildly exfoliates the skin and make it bright.
- Take 2 tablespoons of curd and mix it with 1 tablespoon of honey
- Ensure that the ingredients mix well
- Wash the face with a cleanser and dry it using a towel
- Apply the curd and honey mixture on your face properly
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes
- Wash it off using lukewarm water and dry the face well with a towel
- Do this twice every week for the best results
4. Olive oil and Honey
A combination of olive oil and honey is a great way to even out your face. Olive oil not only prevents the occurrence of acne by dissolving oil and dirt that may be lodged in the pores but it also moisturizes the skin.This leaves you with beautiful skin that is free from acne and pimples.
- Combine a tablespoon of olive oil with 2 tablespoons of raw honey to obtain a smooth mixture
- Put this mixture in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds for it to become slightly warm
- Wash your face as usual with your regular cleanser and pat dry
- Apply the mixture on your entire face leaving out the area around the eyes
- Allow it 5 to 10 minutes for the ingredients to get absorbed on the skin
- Rinse off using lukewarm water and your regular cleanser
- Apply it 3 times a week to see noticeable results
5. Turmeric and Honey
Turmeric has been used for generations due to the many benefits that it has on the skin. It contains curcumin, a compound that soothes the skin and prevents damage on it.
When it is also combined with honey it works perfectly to restore an even skin complexion.
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric with a teaspoon of raw honey
- You can also add a teaspoon of yogurt into it (Optional)
- Wash your face with your regular cleanser before applying
- Apply the mixture all over the face and avoid the areas near the eyes
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and afterwards wash off with lukewarm water
- Apply it minimum twice a week for quick and best results
Wrapping it Up!
Honey is very beneficial for the skin and if combined with the things mentioned above it can produce a wonder.
Honey is 100% safe to use and you can apply it on your skin without any risk.
If you liked the article then don’t forget to share it.
You May Like: