Healthy Snacks For Office | What to Eat During Working Hours?
We shall discuss Healthy Snacks For Office Eating – What to Eat During Working Hours?
What we chose to eat all day, not only has its impact on our health but also reflects on our productivity levels. A big reason behind fatigue, restlessness and irritability regularly throughout the day is all because of our poor dietary intakes. Due to a busy lifestyle and professional demands, most of us neglect our health.
While it is very common for working professionals to sit their desk and keep on munching on snacks like fried chips and oily snacks, without realizing that these could lead to problems of weight gain and obesity along with other health issues in the long run.
Here are some quick, easy and healthy ways to eat during office hours:
Some great healthy snacking options that you can binge on:
- Coconut chunks: easily available and convenient, are high in fibre and rich in good fats.
- Mixed nuts and dry fruits: like almonds and cashew nuts rich in minerals and essential fatty acids. They are a great source of proteins too and keeps you fuller for a longer period of time. On the other hand, dried apricots and dates combined with nuts is always the healthiest dose. Have the dried fruits without added sugars.
- Fresh fruits: bananas, apples, oranges, peaches, grapes and other fruits are high in fibre and mineral and is one of the healthiest snacking options.
- Protein bars: are filling, rich in proteins and enriched with energy and helps you keep going through the day.
- Roasted chick-peas: They are low in calories and filling, thus reducing your food cravings and risks of overeating. Also is a rich source of protein.
- Dark chocolate: cocoa is a great source of magnesium that naturally relieves stress is rich in anti-oxidant properties and keeps you fresh and energetic.
- Low – fat popcorns: They are very low in calories and are good sources of fibre. Is also filling.
- Rice cakes: are also very low in calories and available in different flavours.
Get rid of the junk
Junk foods like namkeens and chips are the most common options people store in their drawers to munch on during office hours. Munching on these is the unhealthiest habit you could have, so be cautious about it. Also limit starch intakes in forms of kinds of pasta, loaves of bread and rice.
Carry home-made meals to office
As far as possible carry home-made fresh and healthy snacks and foods along. Avoid getting burgers and fried items from your neighbourhood restaurant for lunches as these are certainly not going to do any good to you.
A bottle of fresh and clean drinking water at your desktop is a must. Ensure to drink some big sips before and after every meal and keep drinking throughout the day. Water is free of calories, keeps you hydrated, energized and fresh always.
Never refresh yourself with aerated drinks
Always avoid drinking caffeinated drinks, sodas, soft drinks and packaged juices as all these contain a high amount of sugars and effects your diet. Opt for green teas, herbal teas or black coffee as these are free of calories and boosts the metabolism.
Dietician and Founder Member – Diet Clinic
Master’s Degree – Food and Nutrition
Practising since 2006 as a registered dietician under IDA. Sheela Seharawat is the founding member of Diet Clinic, operating around 35 outlets successfully all over the country.
A motivational speaker, an expert dietician and a strong believer in healthy and motivated living, she has transformed the lives of many through her breakthrough diets and inspiration on living a healthy life. Another feather is added to the name of Diet Clinic Health Care as the esteemed magazine and organization “Silicon India Start-Up City” has recognized and awarded “Diet Clinic” in their annual listing of “10 Best Startups in Fitness, 2017”.
She started her career in the Indian Army hospital as a dietitian and her journey in health and fitness starts from here and still, she is serving the people and believe to offer the best guidance on health and wellness.
Sheela always says – ‘Let Your Diet Work for You’. She aims to spread the message of wellness and the art of dieting through her clinics across various parts of the globe. Ms Sheela Seharawat dedication work towards spreading healthy lifestyle awareness among the mass is commendable and she keeps on providing relentless services to fitness and health relevantly.