Neck fat, sometimes called ‘turkey neck’, is just below the skin of the neck. It can be a bad place to set the tone. The best way to get rid of neck fat is to combine general weight loss practices with exercises to support your weight loss. Unfortunately, it’s not something you can lose from one day to the next.
The neck is a common area of cosmetic concern for both men and women. Many people visit cosmetic clinics around the world to remove excess fat in the neck and neck areas. Fat can accumulate in your neck for several reasons, but one of the main causes is to be overweight and obese.
It is imperative to treat neck fat quickly because the fat in the neck is closely related to heart disease, high cholesterol and diabetes. You can always remove excess fat from an esthetic surgeon, but going under the knife is risky and expensive.
To solve the problem of neck fat, you can try changes in lifestyle, changes in diet and some exercises for the neck. Although the results are not going to be fast, adherence can help a healthy diet and exercise routine to get rid of excess fat around your neck.
Here are some ways to get rid of neck fat.
Do the lateral resistance exercise
Another good exercise that focuses on the fat that accumulates in the neck area is the lateral resistance exercise. This exercise also strengthens the muscles of the neck and upper back.
- Sit or stand up straight.
- Place your right hand on the right side of your head.
- Slowly, bend your head to the right and push back with your right hand to keep your head from falling.
- Hold this position for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Repeat the process on the other side.
- Do about 10 repetitions, 2 or 3 times a day.
Do the neck rotation exercise
The best way to lose fat in the neck or other fat in your body is by exercising. When it comes to neck exercises, the activity known as neck rotation is one of the best.
It helps strengthen the muscles of your neck. Also, it improves neck flexibility.
- Sit up straight and look forward.
- Slowly turn your head as far as you can to look to the left.
- Then turn slowly to the right.
- Repeat 5 to 10 repetitions on the right and left side.
Do not relax while sitting
Good posture is vital to losing accumulated fat around your neck. In fact, the way you feel can have a big impact on the muscles of your neck and chin.
For example, if you have the habit of swinging, this will affect the muscles around your neck and weaken them. This, in turn, will lead to fatty deposits around the neck.
Beanpole is a bad position to sit on, and you should avoid it. Try to sit up straight and keep your head high. Sitting in right posture will soften the fat folds around your neck.
Be acutely aware of your sitting position, so you do not go back to your old habit of being lanky.
Do the mouth exercise
Oral exercise is still a simple but effective way to remove fat from your neck. When you practice your mouth, the effect is also visible on the muscles of your neck.
- Sit up straight and open your mouth wide.
- Place your lower lip over your lower teeth.
- Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Then, slowly, let go of your lips.
- Repeat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Do this exercise 2 or 3 times a day.
Reduce your caloric intake
One of the main reasons behind neck fat is obesity. This usually occurs when you eat more calories than you burn in a day. Therefore, reducing daily calorie intake is an excellent way to lose weight in general and fat that accumulates in different parts of the body, such as the neck or abdomen.
If you reduce your caloric intake by 3,500 calories per week, you can lose approximately 1 pound per week. To reduce your caloric intake:
- Eat smaller portions of each meal to maintain a balanced diet.
- Avoid foods high in fat, such as cheese, butter, mayonnaise, fried foods and fatty sweets.
- Avoid high-calorie beverages, such as cola, fruit punch or packaged fruit juices.
- Start a meal that includes a salad and drinks water before eating to reduce your appetite.
- Also, take snacks regularly, but choose healthy options like nuts and seeds.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Switch to healthier carbohydrates, such as whole grains instead of refined grains.
- Eat more lean proteins to stay satisfied longer.
Water is essential for a healthy body and to maintain ideal body weight. If you do not drink enough water, it will be difficult for you to lose weight because water plays a vital role in removing toxins from your body.
Also, water helps to keep your appetite under control and prevents you from overeating.
- Try to drink at least eight 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. However, the exact amount depends on your weight, gender and activity level.
- Drink more vegetables and fruit with a high water content together with water.
- Avoid dehydration of drinks such as soft drinks, coffee and everything with alcohol.