Today, we are bringing another interesting interview with a young promising blogger. Odo Nnabuike is a young promising blogger who is also a graphic designer. This time around, it is not about technology promising blogger or social marketer or entrepreneurship but it is all about a graphic designer cum an amazing and promising blogger.
Let’s enjoy what the promising blogger has to say about this project and experience so far.
1. Good day Sir, please kindly introduce yourself to our community. (Education, State of origin, family background, business, project or whatever you would like us to know about you)
Hello, everybody, the name is Odo Nnabuike; I’m the fourth child in a family of six and from Enugu state. I’m also an undergraduate at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka; and an aspiring entrepreneur.
2. Tell us about your startup.
About that; my startup as a blogger wasn’t nice cause I didn’t have anyone to ask for help. I had the passion to be a blogger long ago but was inspired to open mine when it was enforced by my school University of Nigeria Nsukka. Also, I sourced for help online, I created my blog. I also joined webinars to gain knowledge. Thank God am where I am now.
3. How long have you been into it?
I have been into blogging for 7-8 months
4. How did you get the idea for the Platform?
I always wanted to blog right from the start, though I got some ideas from a popular blogger in my school Xclusivegists.com . What inspired it? Most of the inspiration came from Linda ikeji’s blog back then. How she did all she did really inspire me.
How did you choose the niche(s) that you have chosen to blog in?
I didn’t actually choose the niche I blog in now. I will say it chose me cause I love entertainment and everything about it. So I chose that niche cause I was very versatile there.
6. Why did you start this blog? Money? Passion? Hobby?
I started my blog as a hobby and as I earlier said I had a passion for it, money was never a key factor. Though I still knew I would start making money from it.
7. What were your challenges starting your blog?
My major challenge then was getting a helping hand. This was a very big problem for me, I didn’t have anyone to ask questions and anyone I contacted asked for money in other to help.
8. What can you really say as being unique about your blog?
Everything about my blog is unique, starting from the name the design, the way I compose my write-ups and a lot more.
Did you receive any professional assistance or did you create your blog yourself?
As I earlier said they all asked for money so I created my blog single-handedly, thanks to google.
10. Do you have people working for you or you do it alone?
I have some contributors but they are dormant, I do most of the work. So I’m working alone.
11. What sacrifices have you had to make to be where you are right now?
I have sacrificed a lot starting from my night sleep, money and so many other things.
How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
I manage time well cause I schedule time for composing and time for posting. Whenever it’s time I try my best not to interfere with it.
13. Can you name some of your favourite bloggers and explain why they are your favourites?
At a younger age I preferred LIB but presently I prefer bellanaija.com and pulse.ng because they carry the latest gist when other bloggers haven’t.
14. What company, individual, or business do you look up to?
I look up to so many individuals and businesses ranging from the CEO at bellanaija news, to Adekunle gold a graphics designer and others.
15. Who has been your greatest inspiration and also key role players in your life?
My greatest inspiration in terms of blogging has been my friend Sinem fresh CEO Sinemgist.com. Then in my life, my parents and siblings were key role players in my life.
16. Do you consider yourself successful right now?
I am successful now but I will say that being on the path to greatness.
17. What’s your view of success as a person and as a blogger?
As a person, I don’t have a different view of success I take success as success, and as a blogger, it depends on what you want or what you are chasing.
18. What do you enjoy so much about blogging?
I enjoy seeing traffic flushing into my new updates.
19. What are your plans to take your blog career to the next level?
They are so many plans now like moving my blog to WordPress but I will not let the cat out of the bag now.
20. What does entrepreneurship mean to you? Aside from blogging, do you have other things you do like selling products, having a business or brand etc?
Entrepreneurship for me means having innovative skills. Yeah, aside from blogging I also do graphic designing and online sales.
21. What do you think are the major challenges as an entrepreneur in Nigeria?
The major challenge in Nigeria is the low rate at which Nigerians patronise their own. Are Nigerians always think things of Nigerian origin are inferior.
22. What three pieces of advice would you give to university graduates/undergraduates who want to become entrepreneurs?
My advice is plan, plan and you should not let anything distract your plans. Do not lose your focus always be determined.
23. When will you say, “yes, your Blog is successful”
For me, I would say my blog is successful to some extent but I will give it an extra thumbs up when it begins getting global recognition.
24. Do you have any specific goals to be achieved for the rest of this year?
I don’t have any specific goals, but I have so many things going on now. This year has already come to an end though.
25. Do you normally set goals you want to achieve each year for your blog?
My blog hasn’t lasted up to a year, so I don’t have an answer for that but as from next year I think I would start setting my targets.
26. What are the inspired words you have for our readers?
Always chase your dreams like a wounded warrior. Always have a determined soul.
27. Lastly, we believe success is not a straight line. What do you think can motivate persons to achieve success in life?
By looking up to other people who they think are successful in the society.
Thanks for the opportunity given to this blog to interview you. For the promising blogger, Odo Nnabuike, you can visit his blog http://www.ksparrowgist.com.ng