Dr. Ben Kim on September 15, 2006 in Women’s Health wrote about how to prevent breast cancer. He found that food and lifestyle choices are very important to prevent breast cancer. One of the keys to treating and preventing breast cancer naturally is to avoid estrogen dominance and reducing stress.
It’s essential to consistently make healthy food choices that ensure regular intake of natural vitamin, minerals, and antioxidants. Although there are no guarantees, you can take some steps to help prevent breast cancer:
* Please do not smoke because smoking is a really bad habit for you and gives a bad impact on other people surround you? Smoking is very dangerous.
* Breastfeed your babies for as long as possible.Women who breastfeed their babies for at least a year in total have a reduced risk of developing breast cancer later.
* Maintain a healthy weight. Manage your weight wisely.
* Exercise regularly such as jogging and other low-impact sports. Exercise and sport is a great way as an investment for you in the future.
* Limit your use of alcohol. If you do drink, you may be able to decrease your risk of breast cancer by taking a folate supplement. Stop drinks any alcohol products it’s much better to prevent you from breast cancer and other bad effects to your daily life.
* Follow a healthy diet low in fat and high in cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, strawberry juice, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower).
* Have your doctor examine your breasts every three years if you are under age 40 and every year if you are over 40.
* Have regular mammograms. Mammograms can detect breast cancer two to five years before a tumor becomes large enough to be felt as a lump. Women who believe they may be at especially high risk of hereditary breast cancer should consult with a genetic counselor before testing.
* Consider taking the aromatize inhibitor exemestane. The results of a study released earlier this year showed that the drug exemestane reduced the risk of breast cancer by 65 percent in high-risk, postmenopausal women. Talk to your doctor about whether this may benefit you.
* Holiday to the place that can reduce stress.
Remember to call your doctor immediately if you find a lump or abnormal thickening in your breast. Therefore, call your doctor if you notice a nipple is inverted, discharge from a nipple, a swelling in your breast or a change in breast contour, or redness or dimpling of breast skin.
Your lifestyle and food choices are very important to prevent breast cancer and other health problem in the future.
Don’t worry. Have a good life.