Hello SAB readers,
Today, I bring to you another and exclusive interesting interview with an awesome Potential Doctor, Balogun Mahmuod. This time around, it is not about technology blogger or social marketer or entrepreneurship but it is all about a health related blogger.
It is a great honour to meet this smart brain on the internet; I was privileged to meet him on a blogger forum some months ago. I have been following his post for long because I believe health is wealth, not only wealth is also the life. No health no life. Without talking too much, I believe Sound Health Doctor has amazing words for you and many things to say about his career and his hobby as a blogger.
Enjoy your time with Master Sound Health Doctor.
1. Can you please tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
Answer: My name is Balogun Mahmuod. A medicine and surgery student of the University of Lagos, Lagos State. The name of my blog is Sound Health Doctor, it is a health blog created with the motive to keep people informed about health and wellness tips to make them live a longer and healthier life.
2. Tell us when did you start blogging professionally?
Answer: I started blogging professionally on 25th of January, 2016. That was the day I published my first official post on the blog.
3. Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?
Answer: I’m still a student and I take blogging just as a hobby. I just love it.
4. Please kindly tell us about your blogging journey so far?
Answer: I’ve been used to reading health articles online and reading lots of blogs and I wished I had something like that, where people could read articles that will be beneficial to them. So, I started with that zeal and created my blog last year September even though I never had an idea of how to do it. I was always reading about how to create a blog and kinds of stuff related till I could do my design and set it up myself. I posted my first official post in January, about 3 months after I created the blog. It has really been a journey from being a novice to a professional and I’ve learned lots of things while coming up, let me just say it like that.
5. Did you really have any expectations (short term, long term, financially) when you started blogging? If yes, what were those expectations?
Answer: I did not really have any expectations when I started blogging, I just liked to share what I learn in school with people. Though, I later learnt that blogging is a very lucrative work and could deliver some money but that was not my primary aim.
6. How did you choose the niche(s) that you have chosen to blog in?
Answer: As I said earlier, I am a medical student and I discovered it would be best to blog on what I have known about well, that was what made me choose health niche.
7. Did you receive any professional assistance or did you created your blog yourself?
Answer: I created my blog and did everything on the blog all by myself with no assistance from anyone, though Google was my teacher all through when I did it, lol.
8. Do you have other blogs that you run and if yes, what are they and what they are all about?
Answer: I have one other blog that I run, it is a general niche blog and I use it mainly to assist my friends in promoting their works that are worth publicising. The blog is www.gistwonder.com
9. Give us the latest statistics of your blog (Visitors, daily page views, earning and other stats that you want to share)?
Answer: Presently, the number of page views I get is quite impressive and encouraging which makes my blog’s global Alexa ranking stands at about 500,000 and my ranking in Nigeria is about 2,000 at this present time which I feel is a very great thing to have been achieved within a short period of time. I earn money from my blog through the popular Google Adsense that most bloggers use.
10. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
Answer: Though it’s not been easy combining medical school work with blogging, I have just a little time I spend on blogging, but the main thing is the little time I spend on it I make sure I achieve something significant.
11. How much time do you really spend on blogging?
Answer: I spend little time on blogging, just my leisure periods when I’m a little free and I use blogging as a recreation activity, I enjoy it a lot.
12. What do you think is the best strategy you use to get more traffics to your blog?
Answer: Actually, the best strategy I’ve come across in generating more traffic to my blog is Facebook shares. When I want to share a post on FB, I try to write a very captivating story that will get people’s attention and then I add my link. People will just keep liking the post and sharing it with their friends too and I wait gently for the free traffic to flow to my blog.
13. What do you really think is the best social media strategy for getting more traffics to a blog?
Answer: As I’ve said earlier, the strategy I use is the one I think is the best I’ve seen so far. Some other bloggers may have other strategies they use though.
14. How important is Facebook to you in blog promotion efforts and do you think it is important for a blogger to have a Facebook group or page?
Answer: Facebook, I think is the best social media in blog promotion and is essential for a blogger to have a facebook page and group because it generates lots of traffic that at some point you might not even be able to explain the traffic again if used efficiently.
15. How many social media channels do you think a blogger should have accounts on?
Answer: I will suggest to every blogger to have the maximum number of social media accounts they can have. They should not just be limited to the popular ones in their area, there are some social media channels that might not be popular in their area but drives a lot of traffic from other regions. Nobody knows which audience will get your article and where the article might reach.
16. Images for blog posts is very essential. Do you normally create your own images or do you get them from the Google or websites and give credit back to the original source?
Answer: Due to the issue of copyright infringement, I get most of my images from sites that offer free images for download like Pixabay, Fotolia, etc. But sometimes, I get images from google and give credit to the original source, though I do that rarely.
17. Bounce rate is one of Google’s algorithm signals that tells them whether people are engaged on a blog. What do you do to keep your bounce rate very low?
Answer: It’s all simple, I write beneficial and helpful articles that people will surely be addicted to, I write on health and people really value their health a lot and will always want to read anything that will help to improve their health.
18. It is often hard to get new contents for blogger. How do you find a new source of contents for your blog?
Answer: As a medical student, I research a lot and read lots of books, so I write my contents based on ideas I get from my readings and researches.
21. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Answer: The first challenge I had in blogging was to design a nice template for my blog and then later the challenge of getting my blog approved for Google Adsense.
22. Can you name some of your favourite bloggers and explain why they are your favourites?
Answer: Some of my favourite bloggers are;
Chibuzor Aguwa of www.naijahealthhub.com,
Kingsley Felix of www.healthable.org
Mathias Amodu of www.zealmat.com.
Chibuzor and Kingsley blog in my niche so I look up to them and they give me guidelines and correct me anytime I go wrong and Mathias Amodu, as a tech blogger and a friend, I go to him when I have any complicating issue concerning blogging and he has always been there to help.
23. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog running?
Answer: Blogging is something I love to do and I derive pleasure doing it and that keeps me motivated.
24. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
Answer: The most frustrating aspect of blogging I’ll say is the issue of not getting much visitors to read your blog posts. It frustrates a lot and downs morale.
25. Have you met any famous or interesting personnel on your blogging journey?
Answer: I’ve met lots of famous bloggers online and we do communicate very well and I’ve even met some in person.
26. Do you have any specific goals to be achieved for the rest of this year?
Answer: Yes, the goal I set for myself is to see my blog global Alexa ranking go really really high and I’m really working towards achieving it.
27. Do you normally set goals you want to achieve each year for your blog?
Answer: Yes, I believe setting goals will keep you pushing hard and if you work towards it will make you always work to achieve success.
28. When do you really feel is the right time to monetize a blog?
Answer: I believe that depends on the choice of the blogger. Different people with different choices, the blogger will probably choose a suitable time when he feels is best for him.
29. How do you monetize your blog?
Answer: I monetize my blog through Google Adsense, Sponsored posts, and Direct advertising.
30. If a blogger were to monetize their blog by providing direct services, kindly suggest some direct services that you would recommend the experience and new bloggers reading this interview?
Answer: Most bloggers are tech oriented people and they can offer direct services by helping people to build blogs, doing graphic designs for people and also freelance writing is a very nice service that can be offered.
31. How would you rate your own blog on a scale of 1 to 10 and why would you rate it that way?
Answer: I would probably say readers of my blog would be in a better position to do that because they would be able to see my good side, mistakes, and flaws more than I do.
32. How would you rate SABTrends Blog on a scale of 1 to 10 and why would you rate it that way?
Answer: I’ve been following SABTrends blog for quite some time now, and the blog is really cool and the articles are awesome, I’ll rate the blog 6.
33. What do you suggest for SABTrends team to grow the Blog?
Answer: My advice for the SABTrends team is just to follow the rules: Do the right thing, do the best you can, and always show people you care. Be focused, keep up the good work and the blessings will keep coming.
It’s a privilege being featured on this marvelous blog. Thank you and God bless.
uses this medium to appreciate and thank Balogun Mahmoud
for taking our interview.
We urge all our readers and visitors to kindly visit Sound Health Doctor at www.soundhealthdoctor.com
because your health should be your priority. A wealthy person without health it is just like a car without an engine.
We thereby wish our guest of today Balogun Mahmuod more success in the blogging sphere.