Blog Interview: Meet Tunde Sanusi The CEO Of NetSocialBlog and Tuhamworld
SABTrends BLOG INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
SABTrends at it again, it is my aim to help young folks to achieve their goals or objectives. Last week we brought you one of the top bloggers in Nigeria, an entrepreneur, online marketer and social marketer in the person of Mazino Oyolo Kigho, he was brought here for our readers and visitors. In addition, Promise Excel the founder of MaverickExcel was also interviewed on this blog. He created the blog to dedicate to all Entrepreneurs in Nigeria, Africa and all over the world. In addition, he has the opportunity to write for Tush Magazine, The Total Entrepreneurs and Ogbongeblog. He is dedicated to helping young entrepreneurs both home and abroad to make their voice heard in a noisy world.
Today, I am pleased to introduce our next interesting interview with another awesome, handsome, smart, intelligent, top blogger, Tunde Sanusi Popularly known as Tuham the owner of www.NetSocialBlog.com and www.TuhamWorld.com
However, to cut things short, let me not waste much of your precious time kindly relax and Enjoy the interview from this handsome blogger. I am sure you will learn and gain immensely from the interview.
1. Can you please tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
ANSWER: My name is Tunde Sanusi nick known on the internet as Tuham, a combo of my first and middle name. Am a Tech/Lifestyle Blogger, Creative ‘n’ Multi-talented Fellow, Pro-Blog Designer and Story-Teller Podcaster
My Tech blog is at www.NetSocialBlog.com and Lifestyle Blog is at www.TuhamWorld.com
2. Tell us when did you start blogging professionally?
ANSWER: Hmmm. I started in late 2012 on a free domain name using my personal name. Later, I switched things up and got a domain name. Currently like I earlier mentioned, am managing two blogs;)
3. Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?
ANSWER: Hahaha! I would prefer saying both!
4. Please kindly tell us about your blogging journey so far?
ANSWER: To be sincere, it’s not an easy journey considering the fact that I had to manage with little resources for a very long time as am a Mobi-Blogger. Sometimes my thumbs and fingers would get sore due to a long period of writing, and be editing on my device’s keypad (which hurts). Not to mention the electricity issue and data access.
5. Did you really have any expectations (short term, long term, financially) when you started blogging? If yes, what were those expectations?
ANSWER: When I started, I didn’t have any goal. Am just a regular person with burning desire to share the rare information I garnered with the world. But along the way probably, I get to goals and I wish not to count my chicken before they are hatched *winks*
6. How did you choose the niche(s) that you have chosen to blog in?
ANSWER: I began with Tech Niche which is the information from my primitive blogging age I used to share and I was using my personal URL for the Niche. Then I bought another custom domain that sounds related to the Tech niche and decides to use my personal URL as the lifestyle niche.
7. Did you receive any professional assistance or did you created your blog yourself?
ANSWER: Sometimes I get amazed at my blogging journey so far cos I do wonder how I manage to do some things by myself. I created and designed my blogs by myself, thanks to Trials, Experimentation and online tutorials blog.
8. Do you have other blogs that you run and if yes, what are they and what they are all about?
ANSWER: Apart from the two which I earlier mentioned which is www.NetSocialBlog.com and www.TuhamWorld.com , none again.
9.Give us the latest statistics of your blog (Visitors, daily page views, earning and other stats that you want to share)?
ANSWER: As per statistics, I do not really share it publicly no matter how hard I wish to but majority of my traffic comes from Search Engines of Top countries like United States, India, Nigeria, Kenya, e.t.c
10. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
ANSWER: Manage time? I do not have specified time. If am too TIRED, I can rest while others are working AND if am INSPIRED, I can work while others are resting.
11. How much time do you really spend on blogging?
ANSWER: NO FIXED TIME
12. What do you think is the best strategy you use to get more traffics to your blog?
ANSWER: I would rather talk about the best strategies instead of one. The best strategies are social media, search engine optimisation, email marketing and guest posting.
13. What do you really think is the best social media strategy for getting more traffics to a blog?
ANSWER: Sharing Your links NOT TOO much and including a snippet, if possible, an image.
14. How important is Facebook to you in blog promotion efforts and do you think it is important for a blogger to have a Facebook group or page?
ANSWER: Facebook page is okay and as per group, if all bloggers in the world have each Facebook group, can you imagine what it would have been like? It’s okay to have Facebook group though but not for everybody especially if you don’t know how to use it in the right way
15. How many social media channels do you think a blogger should have accounts on?
ANSWER: I only have two social media channels which are facebook and twitter. Each of this social channel has their strength and their weakness and it’s important a blogger should study ‘em before using them.
16. Images for blog posts is very essential. Do you normally create your own images or do you get them from the Google or websites and give credit back to the original source?
ANSWER: When I first started, being a newbie, I used to take images from google. But now I create my own images or gets the from free stock photos
17. Bounce rate is one of Google’s algorithm signals that tells them whether people are engaged on a blog. What do you do to keep your bounce rate very low?
ANSWER: Providing quality content that teaches readers something new or answers their problem
18. It is often hard to get new contents for blogger. How do you find a new source of contents for your blog?
ANSWER: Through inspiration, questions, and from my previous posts.
21. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
ANSWER: There are lots but the notorious one is when my only source of blogging device kicked the bucket!
22. Can you name some of your favourite bloggers and explain why they are your favourites?
ANSWER: Jide Ogunsanya of www.ogbongeblog.com – dedicating his blog to mostly Nigerians
Olusegun Fapohunda of www.justnaira.com – I’ve been an anonymous follower since his blogger days
Adesoji Adegbulu of MMO – providing ways of making money online
Abass Toriola of www.WebIncomePlus.com – He helped give suggestion making my blog better
Funmy Kemmy of FKB – She’s like a blogger big sister!
Berry Dakara of www.berrydakara.com – In this year, she is one of the people I would never forget!
Stephanie Obi of www.StephObi.com – Providing information on managing online business efficiently
Etcetera ( I don’t want to make this a long liiiiiiisst, they are plenty)
23. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog running?
ANSWER: Via Self-Motivation
24. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
ANSWER: Not earning income or low traffic
25. Have you met any famous or interesting personnel on your blogging journey?
ANSWER: Not at all but I could meet them if I want to. The time is just not yet,
26. Do you have any specific goals to be achieved for the rest of this year?
ANSWER: Hmmm.. Nope. Just trying to make myself better than yesterday
27. Do you normally set goals you want to achieve each year for your blog?
ANSWER: Not at all.
28. When do you really feel is the right time to monetize a blog ?
ANSWER: Once you have the right knowledge and if your blog has what it takes.
29. How do you monetize your blog?
ANSWER: Sponsored Post, Adsense and Offering Services.
30. If a blogger were to monetize their blog by providing direct services, kindly suggest some direct services that you would recommend experience and new bloggers reading this interview?
ANSWER: I would suggest you Provide what you have experienced and/or passed through in your blogging journey. Also, offer services of what you are good at and believe can solve people’s problems.
31. How would you rate your own blog on a scale of 1 to 10 and why would you rate it that way?
ANSWER: I would prefer a reader or someone else to visit the blog, and rate it then tell me their honest opinion.
32. How would you rate SABTrends Blog on a scale of 1 to 10 and why would you rate it that way?
ANSWER: I see you’re using a 3rd party template. It’s looking cool on PC View and I would rate it 6.
33. What do you suggest for SABTrends team to grow the Blog?
ANSWER: You still needs to work on the About US section. When a first-time visitor lands on a blog, majority check the about section to know what’s the blog is all about. Try and explain a not-too-lengthy post what your blog is all about.