1. Can you please tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
Answer: I am Mazino Oyolo Kigho, a passionate Nigerian blogger and social media enthusiast. My blog URL is www.mazinoweb.com
2. Tell us when did you start blogging professionally?
Answer: I have been into blogging since 2008 but professionally 2013.
3. Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?
Answer: I see it as my hobby
4. Please kindly tell us about your blogging journey so far?
Answer: Blogging so far has been fun, challenging and rewarding.
5. Did you really have any expectations (short term, long term, financially) when you started blogging? If yes, what were those expectations?
Answer: I delved into blogging because I wanted to build my online presence and that was just on my mind. There were no financial expectations.
6. How did you choose the niche(s) that you have chosen to blog in?
Answer: I’ve built so many blogs in time pass of different niches but now I decide to do something different, more related to keeping up with a business brand.
7. Did you receive any professional assistance or did you created your blog yourself?
Answer: I created and designed my blog myself.
8. Do you have other blogs that you run and if yes, what are they and what they are all about?
Answer: I’ve another blog which I’m still trying to build. Once I’m done with it, everyone will definitely know about it.
9. Give us the latest statistics of your blog (Visitors, daily page views, earning and other stats that you want to share)?
Answer: My stats have quite been impressive of recent and I believe my blog is growing.
10. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
Answer: Hobby is what you love doing, hence it not so difficult running my blog.
11. How much time do you really spend on blogging?
Answer: I have never for once calculated how much I spend on blogging but I spend. Internet subscription and advertisement takes the greater portion of what I spend.
12. What do you think is the best strategy you use to get more traffics to your blog?
Answer: It about being ethical. I believe in doing things the right way no matter how slow it may take.
13. What do you really think is the best social media strategy for getting more traffics to a blog?
Answer: Advertising on social media does it. Engaging your followers with regular updates is also very important.
14. How important is Facebook to you in blog promotion efforts and do you think it is important for a blogger to have a Facebook group or page?
Answer: My visitors come mostly from Facebook. Facebook group can give you traffic but it not so cool as some of the group members are added against their own will. When building a brand, a page is ideal as you can use a page to run ads.
15. How many social media channels do you think a blogger should have accounts on?
Answer: It all depends on the blogger but making use of the most relevant ones is ideal.
16. Images for blog posts is very essential. Do you normally create your own images or do you get them from the Google or websites and give credit back to the original source?
Answer: I use images that are non-copyright protected taken from google images and some websites.
17. Bounce rate is one of Google’s algorithm signals that tells them whether people are engaged on a blog. What do you do to keep your bounce rate very low?
Answer: When a TV show is interesting people will stay glued to the program. Also as to blogging, creating useful content allows visitor stay longer on your site. That is exactly what I do.
18. It is often hard to get new contents for blogger. How do you find a new source of contents for your blog?
Answer: I publish what I am inspired to post at any given time or when I have an important content to share. I don’t update daily.
21. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Answer: Some years back I couldn’t purchase a domain because I didn’t have a MasterCard and other bloggers I know were not ready to help. It was really not cool.
22. Can you name some of your favourite bloggers and explain why they are your favourites?
Answer: Harsh Agarwal of shoutmeloud.com is my favourite blogger. Why so is because his blog contains so many resourceful information to help other bloggers succeed.
23. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog running?
Answer: Blogging is part of my lifestyle so I am always motivated.
24. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
Answer: Traffic generation
25. Have you met any famous or interesting personnel on your blogging journey?
Answer: I haven’t met any famous blogger in person but I have met two bloggers, one today is my best friend. She is one of my biggest motivation.
26. Do you have any specific goals to be achieved for the rest of this year?
27. Do you normally set goals you want to achieve each year for your blog?
Answer: No. I only want to keep improving as time passes.
28. When do you really feel is the right time to monetize a blog?
Answer: It starts once you create your blog depending on your motive of blogging. I once created a blog and in just two months I got a sponsored post, so monetizing can start soon or later.
29. How do you monetize your blog?
Answer: Different means but mostly adverts.
30. If a blogger were to monetize their blog by providing direct services, kindly suggest some direct services that you would recommend experienced and new bloggers reading this interview?
Answer: Many bloggers are website designers and programmers, these are few ways to render direct services. Writing for others can also be a way to render direct service. It all about monetizing your skills.
31. How would you rate your own blog on a scale of 1 to 10 and why would you rate it that way?
Answer: Let my visitors decide that.
32. How would you rate SABTrends Blog on a scale of 1 to 10 and why would you rate it that way?
Answer: I am new to the Sabtrends blog so I can’t rate it but I see your blog is doing well.
33. What do you suggest for SABTrends team to grow the Blog?
Answer: The blog was created for a reason, so the team should stick to the mission of the blog.
SABTrends team uses this medium to appreciate and thank Mazino Oyolo Kigho for taking our interview.